Director and CEO
Canadian Museum Association, Ottawa, Canada
Hired to revitalized the institution.
← back to Management + Consultancy + Teaching
- Developed and executed a new multi-year strategic plan for the CMA, which includes areas of social responsibility for the organization. The strategic plan was the result of a comprehensive consultation process with members and key stakeholders.
- Initiated multiple museum community building initiatives, including roundtables with emerging museums professionals, research leaders, universities and government leaders across Canada.
- Strengthened professional communications and training, by expanding professional standard and contributions to The Muse, CMA annual conferences and by closer connecting with both pan-Canadian and international experts in museums and other disciplines.
- Forged a new unified, accountable and efficient CMA organizational structure designed to improve organizational and financial efficiency and transparency, including improved financial oversight, increased financial certainty regarding grant funding, and the adoption of new organizational technologies and work-from-home approaches through the difficult COVID-19 period.
- Incorporated innovative government advocacy and policy development on major fronts, including the CMA's Reconciliation Program, a new National Museums Policy Framework, and other key policy spheres in partnership with the Department of Canadian Heritage and other federal departments.